On my 35th birthday I made a list. It was a list of my goals that I would try to accomplish before my next birthday. I didn’t publish this list (it’s tacked on a board in our office), but I thought I would do so now and document each one as I check it off.
1. Take a workshop.
2. Sew something for myself.
3. Finish this knit cardi I started over a year ago.
4. Knit something in fair isle (the photo above is my first fair isle project).
Exhibit at a local craft show.
6. Learn to crochet.
7. Renovate our kitchen.
Have professional family photos taken.
9. Make a book out of my blog.
10. Replace using paper napkins with cloth.
11. Make my own bread.
12. Fly a kite.
14. Redecorate the living/dining room.
15. Design personalized family stationary.
16. Plant something.
17. Start an art journal.
18. Find a church.
19. Get back into a regular spinning class.
20. Organize our digital photos into an album/book.
21. Visit an art gallery.
22. Take a sewing class.
23. Knit new sweaters for my girls.
24. Get a library card!
25. Try a new grill recipe.
26. Go on a trip.
27. Take a swim class with K.
28. Spin my own yarn.
29. Organize my knitting patterns in a binder.
30. Plan a party for the neighbours.
31. Go to a movie (sans babies).
Make a birthday cake.
33. Host Christmas dinner.
34. See a live show.
35. Make a dent in my yarn stash.
Wow! That’s a lot of goals. I hope I have the energy to pull them all off!
Idea inspired by Elise Blaha.